Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Gluten Free Mediterranean Chicken Recipe


Today I wanted to share my recipe for Mediterranean Chicken. A great plus, it's gluten free! This is one of my favorite healthy recipes to make on a weeknight because its sooo simple and quick to make. Above is a picture of the finished product. I know it kind of looks like slop.. but trust me, it's delicious!!

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 can of Hunts gluten free diced tomatoes
half an onion, sliced
1/4 cup of Sun-Dried and Tomato & Oregano Dressing
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/4 cup of green olives ( I leave these out since I HATE olives with a passion)
2 cups of brown rice

Directions:
1) Begin to cook the chicken and onions in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned on both sides. Begin to cook your rice.
2) Add tomatoes, dressing, garlic and oregano and stir gently until mixed. Cook the mixture for another 5-6 minutes. Add olives. 
3) Spoon rice onto a plate and top with chicken and sauce. Fraser and I both like to add some parmesan cheese on top as well.

And that's it. 3 easy steps and 15 minutes to a great, healthy dinner. 
Enjoy!


1 comment: